The CK100 Optics Cleaning Kit for Machine Vision contains the essentials necessary for cleaning lenses, filters and lighting dust covers used in imaging applications. Contents include a can of residue-free compressed air; a spray bottle of glass surface cleaner with advanced optical cleaning solution for glass and plastic lenses, filters and coatings; a soft lint-free cloth; lens tissue; and 6’’ long cotton swabs for small. Hard to reach surfaces. The contents are held in clear, water-resistant, heavy duty cyclindrical screw-top container.
Compressed Air Duster
4 oz (113g)
Ideal for dirt, dust and particle removal. Filtered to 0.2 micron purity.
Glass Surface Cleaner
3 oz (85ml)
A superior liposome and alcohol-based formula that easily removes fingerprints, oil and other contamination without residue or smearing. For all glass and plastic surfaces, especially those with anti-reflection or other coatings.
Premium Grade Optical Tissue
Two 6’’x4’’ (150x100mm) booklets, 25 sheets per booklet
Virtually lint-free and safe for plastic or glass optical surface, each tissue is perforated for easy removal. Meets Federal Spec NNN-P-40B and AA-50177A for Type 1, Class 1 tissue.
Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
6’’x6’’ (150mm sq.)
Soft lint- and chemical-free microfiber cloth; non-woven long fiber structure traps dir tand dust. Effectiveness improves with repeated washing.
6’’ Long (ten pcs)
For cleaning and removal of debris on small or hard-to-reach surfaces. Gentle yet rugged ‘’no glue’’ cotton-on-wood-shaft style allows for use with more aggresive solvents.
Part Number: CK100
(Also available in a compact version for easy storage and for shipping to tradeshows. Compressed Air Duster is not included, part number is CK100-NA)
Machine Vision products are designed for use in industrial applications where the potential for poor cleaning techniques, mishandling and damage from manufacturing is great. Proper procedures should be followed to ensure that scratching does not occur while cleaning and the resulting surfaces are residue free.
It is recommended to start any cleaning process by first blowing particulates away with air and, if then necessary, ‘’flushing’’ with fluid (e.g., optics cleaner or solvent).
Products should be handled by the edges at all times. Sometimes, the use of finger cots or gloves is helpful, but not mandatory.
Cleaning Procedure for Optical Filters and Components:
1. To eliminate or minimize scratching, first blow off foreign particles with canned air (make sure only dry air and no liquid is coming out by first purging and holding the can upright). In many cases the part will be sufficiently clean at this point.
2. Due to a strong static charge, if some smaller particles or debris still appear to remain on a lens or filter surface, try using a clean cotton swab or dry lint-free cloth to dislodge the debris by gently brushing once across the surface. Blow with air once again.
3. If further cleaning is required, use a premium optical cleaning fluid (such as ‘’Ultra Clarity’’), alcohol or acetone* to remove more stubborn deposits. Using a lint-free lens tissue or lens cloth, fold i tinto quarters and apply fluids directly until wet. Do not use dry lens tissue. For lens or filter surfaces that are hard to access, cotton-tip swabs may be used. Gently dab the area needing cleaning: never rub the filter of lens surface. Debris, chips or grit may easily scratch any coatings. Use an exposed surface only once. Do not repeatedly wipe using the same area of a dirty cloth, and throw away each tissue or cotton-tip swab after using it only once. Always blow with air if foreign particles are dislodged or detected.
4. With another dry, folded lint free cloth or clean cotton-tip swab, dab the surface dry.
5. Try to inspect surface quality by holding the part under a light so that reflections can be observed, repeating any of the above steps as required.
6. If it is necessary to remove a filter from a lens or a lens from a camera, always replace it immediately to help keep dust from settling on any interior surfaces.
For more information and advice please contact us through an inquiry.
Both Exolight1- & Exolight2-series are now available...
The MPY Series supports 1.1" sensor format at 12 Megapixel resolution in a...
TB475/550/850 Triple Bandpass Blue+Green+850nm NIR Filter, when mounted in converted...